Clearing Your Home of Ghosts and Other Spirits Feb 11, 2016 18:39:59 GMT -5
Post by Joanna on Feb 11, 2016 18:39:59 GMT -5
Clearing Your Home of Ghosts and Other Spirits
Do you know who's living in your house with you? A huge number of Brits claim they have experienced “a haunting” and believe in paranormal activity. Incredibly, 5 percent admitted to moving because of hauntings.
While many of us would cower at the thought of a ghost residing in our house, it would seem that's not the general consensus. A surprising 36 percent said they would welcome the presence of a dead loved one in their home, with an additional 20 percent saying they would be excited to see a spirit.
According to Grant Colyer, renowned psychic medium says: "The results didn’t surprise me at all, Britain has a history of terrifying hauntings and I’m busier than ever helping exorcise ghosts and spirits that haven’t fully passed over. Lots of people will experience the supernatural at some point in their life, so I’ve worked with truTV to create a guide to help Brits banish ghosts and reclaim their homes from unwanted spirits. For the 50 per cent of the UK who that said they love watching shows about ghosts, Paranormal Survivor will show some of the terrifying experiences of people who have been unlucky enough to have seen it first-hand."
If you're not keen on ghosts sitting beside you, read on for some tips on ridding your house of ghosts and demons:
• Think about the energy in your home. Has there been any negative energy to bring forth a presence of spirit, good or bad, into the environment. Try and maintain a positive energy in your house. Remember, we are a living spirit, so we can enhance what is going on around us.
• Tibetan Singing bowls can be powerful tools to ward off unwanted spirits. They send out a vibration which can be used to clear your space of negative spirit energies and act as a deterrent.
• Dream Catchers can also be helpful in reducing the amount of negative energy in your home and capturing negative dreams.
• Mirrors can trap and enhance energy in your home, so you should move mirrors to face each other so that you can see a reflection of another mirror within it. This can help move positive energy around your house.
• White sage is a powerful tool for cleaning spirit energy. You can pick this up at a holistic shop or online – or in incense form. Rub it over doors or burn it to clear negative energy. I find smudging it works more as a deterrent than a cure, but it is effective.
• Self-protection is one of the best ways to defend yourself from a personal attack by a spirit. I ask clients to fill themselves with gold light, imaging a golden ball of light through their Chakra – filling their energy with a bright light. Many people believe white light protects, but personally, I use gold light. White light can attract spirits, but gold does the opposite.
• I call on archangels, the most powerful of whom is Michael who fought off demons and negative energies. You can do this yourself by envisioning Michael and focusing on him while attempting to clear spirit energy.
• Positive thinking. Your emotions are energies and you must aim to control your fear (negative energy) as well as love (positive). These are the two most powerful energies and will attract spirits. As hard as it is not to be afraid, remain strong in yourself at all times through the process because our energy is stronger in this dimension than that of the spirits.
• I use certain crystals in my work, such as clear quartz, which helps me channel positive energy. Placing a piece of amethyst in the center of your home and in every corner can assist in channeling positive energy.
Source: Felicity Thistlethwaite, The Express, February 10, 2016.