Post by Joanna on Sept 17, 2017 22:36:21 GMT -5
Ghost Tours of Marietta
Come join us for a 90 minute, lantern-led walk through historic downtown Marietta. Think you know about the Square? Come hear stories about the dead who still patronize shops and restaurants, refusing to cross over. Would you believe us if we said you might have dined in one of Marietta’s most well-known locations which previously served as the city morgue? What if we said you might have gazed at art at the Marietta Cobb Museum of Art while reported resident ghost Katherine lurked over your shoulder? Learn stories of the most haunted building in Marietta which has been featured on several history shows and grim details of why the dead may still be there. Hear the stories of recent sightings and interactions we’ve been told by employees of several establishments on the Square and perhaps find out if you’ve unknowingly rubbed shoulders with the supernatural.
Tour Times: Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 7:00 p.m.
Adults $17 (plus tax). (Does not include gratuities for your guide); Children (12 and under) $12.00 (plus tax).
Scaryetta Haunted Trolley Tour. All aboard The Historic Marietta Trolley Company for a 90- minute spirited ride as we visit several of Marietta’s landmarks with the most paranormal activity. Drive through burial grounds and hear tales of recent sightings and stories based on actual events from the War Between the States. Take a brief walk among the headstones in moonlight you hear stories of those whose remains lie just beneath the earth. Hear the legends of The Lady in Black and Mary Minert, whose statue is rumored to cry for her dead children. Come with us if you dare to tempt the dark side. (This tour does include a very brief period of walking [approximately two blocks], so if you have any walking issues, please let us know.
Adults $27.00 (plus tax); Children (12 and under) $14.00 (plus tax).
Haunted Pub Crawl: Think ghost stories are just for kids? We think not. Teaming up with several of Marietta’s purportedly haunted watering holes, Ghosts of Marietta will acquaint with the spirits residing within while you enjoy spirits of the liquid variety. Featuring the newly- opened Two Birds Taphouse, this walking tour of Marietta will reveal stories of the dearly departed who refused to leave after last call and tempt you to take advantage of the daily drink specials and discounts the bars may be offering. Note: This tour is for ages 21 and older and valid ID is required. Alcohol is not provided or required, but definitely encouraged.
• This tour functions in a public environment; Ghosts of Marietta Tours will not be responsible, nor held liable, for the behavior of tour guests, pedestrians or unforeseeable accidents during the duration of any GOM Tours presentation.
• GOM Tours has no affiliation with private establishments or the purchasing and consumption of alcoholic beverages. The cost of tour admission does not include food and beverages which an individual may choose to purchase while on the Haunted Pub Crawl.
• The City of Marietta prohibits all alcoholic beverages on the street.
The Tour is available as a private booking until October, when we offer public tours online.
Adults: $17.00 (plus tax) – must be 21 years of age and present valid ID.
Ghosts and Grief. During the month of October, visitors to the William Root House will have an opportunity to see the oldest surviving home in Marietta in mourning as it would have been at the time of Leonard’s death in 1856. Visitors will learn about 1850s mourning practices and death superstitions.
Adults $22 (plus tax); Child (12 and under) $17.
General Information for All Tours:
• All Ghost Tours are 90 minutes
• Tours go forth, rain or shine.
• Space on all tours is limited and advance tickets are required.
• No reservations are held without a ticket.
• No refunds, however, we will provide a rain check for future tours, good for one year.
• Please contact us at (770) 425-5755 to purchase tickets or click on Tickets at: ghostsofmarietta.com/tickets
• Check-in for all tours at 131 Church Street.
• Check-in begins 15 minutes prior to the start of the tour.
• The Ghosts of Marietta offices are located just a block from Marietta Square across from the First Baptist Church on Church Street. Marietta Square is roughly 15 miles north of Atlanta.
Private Ghosts Tours. Private ghost tours are available by contacting the Ghosts of Marietta office at (770) 425-5755. Cost per person is based on number of participants and subject to availability. Tickets must be purchased at time of booking and are non-refundable.
Source: Ghosts of Marietta.