Post by Graveyardbride on Sept 16, 2013 19:55:57 GMT -5
Group Description: Twilight is fading and the road those strange people in the diner told you to take is nothing more than a path through the middle of nowhere. There has been no sign of human life for miles and the idyllic autumnal scenes just after the turnoff have morphed into a surreal landscape of the damned. The bare limbs of trees that should still be sheathed in the hues of glorious October claw at the darkening skies like the grisly talons of unnamed monsters – monsters that should exist only in nightmares ....
What lies beyond that curve in the road? A phantom light in the window of an old dilapidated mansion beckoning the unwitting visitor to a dwelling of the dead? The shadowy shape of a woman in filmy white flitting among the tombs of a long-forgotten family graveyard? A gigantic bat flying from a crumbling mausoleum where, just seconds before, a melancholy figure in black stood in the cobwebbed entrance? A coven of black-robed witches dancing ‘round a bonfire in celebration of pale Hecate’s offerings? A strange, glowing object from a distant world? Or will the fiery red eyes of a mythical creature appear in the headlights? Do you dare continue and confront what lies beyond?
If the answer is yes, you have found a place to discuss all things strange, unusual, paranormal and incredible – ghosts and hauntings, witchcraft, magic and spells, fortune telling, astrology, the Salem Witch Trials, Dark Shadows, archaeology, death and dying, vampires, werewolves, folklore and legends, superstitions, strange customs, religious miracles, magical plants, alternative cures, poisons, unsolved murders and strange disappearances.
Welcome! and discover What Lies Beyond!
Group Rules: Though not required, we hope you will introduce yourself and participate in our discussions immediately upon joining. However, if you simply wish to “lurk” a while, that is your prerogative.
As with all groups, we have a few rules. In addition to the ProBoards Terms of Service, the following will give you an idea what is, and isn’t, allowed:
1. No off-topic or political discussions and criticism of President Donald Trump will not be tolerated under any circumstances.
2. Conduct. No flaming or insulting other members or calling other members unbecoming names. There are no censored words in this forum, nevertheless, we ask that you keep profanity and vulgarity to a minimum. Additionally, harassing other members, or sending unwanted, abusive private messages to other members will not be tolerated.
3. Personal messages. No personal messages to, or flirting with, other members on the board. Keep private conversations private, i.e., send them via private email.
4. Plagiarism is illegal. Accordingly, if you post a factual article, unless you are the author, please clearly indicate the source. Additionally, even if you write the article yourself, you should list your sources. Note: We discourage the use of Wikipedia as a source. Anyone who is a member of Wikipedia is free to create, add to, delete, or change content, thereby rendering the information notoriously unreliable.
5. No sexually explicit material. The posting of sexually explicit material, i.e., photographs or written material of an “adult” nature is not allowed. (This does not apply to classic works of art, e.g., Michaelangelo’s David, Botticelli’s Venus and so on.)
6. Announcements/Notices/Advertisements. Members are welcome to post announcements of ghost tours and other events, book signings/availability, plays, movies, etc., as long as the event, book, or whatever, would appeal to those who have an interest in the paranormal, unsolved murders, or other mysteries. Also, members who sell items of interest to those who practice witchcraft, or other items that would be of interest to our members, are allowed to post an announcement that these items are available along with a link to the site. Members may not post announcements regarding such things as motorcycle rallies, rock concerts and so on, which have nothing to do with the paranormal or unsolved mysteries.
Owners and moderators. Our owners/moderators are listed below. If you have any suggestions, complaints, or whatever, concerning the rules, or the group, in general, please feel free to contact any, or all, of us by private message. If your question concerns the Mystery Locations or has anything to do with photographs, please contact Lee (Graveyardbride).
Joanna (group owner)